Below is a brief outline of the Drama curriculum for each year group. Once your child is registered with us you will receive an information pack which includes the full curriculum. If you would like to enquire online, please click here.
Drama is about developing our students’ imagination, creativity, confidence, clarity of communication, and understanding of the world around them. Students also develop their powers of critical analysis and self-awareness through acting and improvisation, devising, performance and careful evaluation of their own and others work. Drama helps to promote confidence and self esteem. This subject will be taught through out the school as children gain confidence and learn to express themselves through the medium of music, plays and dance rhythms. Hampton Prep will take full advantage of our links with a prestigious theatre, where our children will be introduced to theatre productions and will learn about Drama and Dance. Children of all ages will be encouraged to participate in termly Drama productions.
The Drama Department Aims:
- To develop and foster pupil’s interest over a wide range of music and drama
- To provide and maintain a stimulating learning environment where all pupils can become successful learners
- To encourage self expression, creativity and self criticism resulting in pupils who become confident individuals
- To encourage self discipline and self motivation allowing pupils to become responsible citizens
- To encourage pupils to work cooperatively in whole class and small group situations and to gain self discipline when practising or rehearsing alone
- To encourage, where possible, participation in live performance giving pupils the opportunity to become confident individuals and effective contributors
- To enable pupils to reach their full potential and gain recognised qualifications according to their potential
Co-curricular activities and after school activities are charged termly. A full half terms notice is required if your child is to discontinue any co-curricular activity.