Below is a brief outline of the Etiquette and Elocution for each year group. Once your child is registered with us you will receive an information pack which includes the full curriculum. If you would like to enquire online, please click here.
Appearance is one of the most important traits to uphold. Before you know anything about a person, you know how they look, speak and act. We subconsciously build prejudices for or against a person in the first few moments of meeting them, so it’s imperative to have a good first and withstanding impression with people. With Etiquette and Elocution lessons we will teach your child how to act formally in certain situations and teach them when it is appropriate to act accordingly. We will also be improving elocution where necessary to teach your child how to speak in a manner which is professional and correct so they can excel further in their later life and careers.
Why Does Your Child Need Etiquette and Elocution:
- Etiquette is a simple but very useful thing to know. There are simple rules we all follow out of courtesy that must be taught to our children. By following Etiquette, your child will seamlessly integrate into society and will always know the right thing to do in the company of others
- Your child will be more likely to be involved in social circles and events if they act and speak in a way which proper and not unpleasant
- Elocution does not only improve the way we speak, but it can also inspire correct usage of grammar, vocabulary and style of speech through repeated practise
- Practising elocution equips your child with the confidence to speak with confidence and to convey their expressions through their speech so that they can get their ideas across and effectively portray their arguments in public speaking
- Etiquette and Eloquence go a long way in the business word and nurturing these skills from a young age will give a distinct advantage to your child over other candidates when in search for a job or pursuing a business opportunity
Co-curricular activities and after school activities are charged termly. A full half terms notice is required if your child is to discontinue any co-curricular activity.