Below is a brief outline of the Geogrpahy curriculum for each year group. Once your child is registered with us you will receive an information pack which includes the full curriculum. If you would like to enquire online, please click here.
🌍 The study of Geography will help Hampton pupils to make sense of the world around them. It will examine the social, economic and physical forces and processes which shape and change our environment. Practical skills of investigation as well as team-work will be taught both inside the classroom and on field trips.
🌍 The Geography curriculum at Hampton Prep has been designed to inspire inchildren, curiosity and fascination about the world and its people. They will develop knowledge of globally significant places, and learn about the processes which give rise to key physical and human geographical features of the world.
🌍 The children will collect and analyse data gathered through exposure to fieldwork that deepen their understanding of geographical processes. Fieldwork will take place and visits will be arranged on a termly basis. They will learn to interpret geographical sources such as maps, diagrams, globes aerial photographs and Geographical Information Systems. Farming and climate change are also covered, and pupils are required to prepare a PowerPoint presentation on this in Year 6 on the effect of climate change on farming in Nigeria.
Through teaching a broad range of geographical topics, we aim to:
• Stimulate pupil’s interest and curiosity about the world.
• Foster their sense of wonder at the beauty of the world around them.
• Enhance their sense of identity and responsibility for the care of the Earth.
• Develop an understanding of physical and human landscapes, and introduce them to different societies and cultures
• Provide opportunities for geographical enquiry and fieldwork.